Our client, with whom we have worked on several large developments, embarked last year on a project of refreshing and modernising the common areas and bedrooms of a magnificent 18th Century red brick hotel on the Oatlands Estate, Weybridge.
The first stage in this ambitious renovation was the complete refurbishment of the restaurant, carried out whilst the hotel remained open. This large grand room was to benefit from the inclusion of a new bar area.
Tasked with a blank canvas we considered an assortment of styles ranging from historic patterns by William Morris and Charles Voysey to geometric designs of the 1960s. It was decided, however that a much crisper, modern look was required and a bespoke Axminster with woven panel work and borders was commissioned.
The client decided that the bar area would be better served with a hard flooring. Together we chose a dark oak, luxury vinyl plank from Karndean that complemented both the existing wooden wall panelling and the new carpet.
- A prestigious project, supplying new carpets to a large country house hotel commencing with restaurant and bar areas.
- A blank canvas with regard to carpet design required research and consideration of a multitude of different styles.
- A bespoke Axminster carpet was specified and production commenced in January 2015.
- Borders and inset patterned panels were included in the design to emphasise the two distinctive dining areas.
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring was chosen to compliment the oak panelled walls and is to be fitted in the adjacent bar area.