A refurbished staircase and landings required fitting with runners from top to bottom to accentuate the period features. The historic striped design used, can be dated back to the early 19th century Venetian carpets.
This particular flatweave runner is made exclusively from heavyweight woollen yarn spun in Yorkshire to guarantee the utmost durability.
To ensure the design flawlessly followed the shape of the stairway, all mitred joins on the landings were hand sewn on site.
At the time of installation a decision had not been made whether to use decorative stair rods. Gripperods securing the carpet in place were positioned to allow the addition of such a feature at a later date.
- We have an extensive collection of Venetian flatweave runners.
- For very small minimums, designs and colours can be customised.
- Our team often use traditional techniques such as hand sewing.
- Brass, antique bronze, chrome or nickel stair rods.
- Metal doorway thresholds can be supplied to match stair rod finish.