As from January 2015 Warp & Weft became the exclusive UK agents for Spanish weavers Naturtex. This partnership enables us to enhance our portfolio of products with some exquisite woven rugs, carpets and fabrics.
Based in Crevillente, a Spanish town renowned for its manufacturing of textiles, the parent company of Naturtex, Artesa, has been weaving for globally renowned fashion brands since the 1960s. Their acquired knowledge of trends as well as experimentation with manufacturing techniques and raw materials has led to the creation of extraordinary floorcoverings.
The innovative character of Naturtex is best explored when producing bespoke materials. Challenges set by customers, to interpret visions and realise concepts, are welcomed with open arms and creative minds. Working together with the factory we can rework a current product to modify its suitability or meet a budget. Alternatively, through collective creativity, conception of a new textile can often be the outcome, such as the rugs they supply to Ralph Lauren shops, woven from washed vintage effect denim fabric.
- Experimental fibres such as paper, cotton and steel.
- Weaving on traditional looms from 27” to 4m wide.
- In house dying facilities allow flexibility and quality control.
- Innovative techniques such as waxing of cotton threads used in the Grit range of products.
- The fact that an article has never been made does not mean that it cannot be made.